Applications are now open for Pop-Up Frostburg 2023!
Pop-Up Frostburg is an initiative of FrostburgFirst, a Maryland Main Street Community, Inc.
Selected applicants will occupy a dedicated space inside 2 W. Main Street in downtown Frostburg. FrostburgFirst has covered all rent and utilities expenses upfront (excepting Internet/WiFi) for the period of occupancy. FrostburgFirst also provides general liability insurance for the location, but does not provide coverage for individual vendors. Selected applicants are responsible for all location furniture, displays, materials, etc. FrostburgFirst will assist in promotion, but encourages applicants to have a plan for marketing their shop.
The Pop-Up Frostburg program requires occupancy for a minimum period of 3 weeks and a maximum period of 12 weeks, with a minimum average of 24 hours of operation a week. Due to the size of the premises, selected applicants are not guaranteed exclusive access to the premises and will be paired with other vendor/businesses deemed appropriate by FrostburgFirst. Applicants with complementary businesses are encouraged to apply together.
Applications are open for all business types (excepting food service), including retail, fitness (i.e. yoga classes, etc.), art gallery/studio, office/co-working, etc.
At this time, we are not accepting applications for any food service businesses; no food-prep will be permitted on site, although pre-made food or beverage items may be included as inventory or for promotions/events.
Please note all proposals will remain confidential until accepted into the program. Upon acceptance into the program, all applicants will be featured in publications and marketing materials. By submitting your application, you are not committed to leasing space if accepted.
There is no fee to apply for this program.
● The Pop-Up Frostburg program will accept applications on an ongoing basis for the duration of the current program round (February 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023). The submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance in the program or a term at the premises. Applicants will have the option to indicate a preference for a specific time period, but final determination will be made by FrostburgFirst. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-monthly basis.● Please submit the application to FrostburgFirst at email@example.com or mail to FrostburgFirst at 41 E Main St., Frostburg, MD 21532. We strongly encourage you to call or email FrostburgFirst prior to submitting your application to ensure correct completion of application.
● A complete application will include 2-5 images of your products or proposed idea and/or 1-2 samples of marketing materials
● If accepted, participants will be required to sign a sub-lease contract with FrostburgFirst for the duration of the participant’s occupancy.
● Applicants who demonstrate a clear interest in opening a business in Frostburg will be given preference. If accepted, participants will be required to complete a consultation session and develop a basic business plan or projection with the Western Maryland Small Business Development Center. This is a free service.
● While it is not required, we do encourage accepted applicants to invest in Pop-Up insurance for the duration of the occupancy.
● For serious consideration, applicants must be willing to set regular business hours that reflect the business district for the Pop-Up location (for example: Wednesday – Saturday, 11 am – 7 pm, or 24 hours a week).
● Applicants chosen for the program must participate in a brief orientation session with FrostburgFirst staff covering topics relevant to good business practices in Frostburg.