Allegany County Student Art Showcase: Emerging Artists
The Allegany Arts Council is
The Allegany Arts Council is pleased to once again partner with Allegany County Public Schools for its annual Allegany County Student Art Showcase which will take place from March 2-23. The show, Emerging Artists, features the artwork of Allegany County public elementary, middle and high school students working in a variety of mediums – watercolor, collage, assemblage, pottery, and more. The annual Student Art Showcase gives art teachers an opportunity to present the work of their students in a professional exhibition setting. This is a valuable experience for children – seeing their work on display gives them the confidence to continue pursuing art as a career or lifelong avocation.
An opening night reception for the Allegany County Student Art Showcase will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 6 – 8PM in the Saville and Schwab Galleries, 9 N. Centre Street in Cumberland. Cash prizes will be awarded to students in elementary, middle and high school and the work will be jurored by FSU Visual Arts Chair, Dr. Travis English. In addition, representatives from Frostburg State University’s Visual Arts Department will be on hand to discuss how a college degree in art and related fields can take students to the next level. The reception is free and open to the public.
2 (Saturday) 6:00 pm - 23 (Saturday) 8:00 pm
Allegany Arts Council
9 N. Centre Street, Cumberland, MD 21502
- A FrostburgFirst Business Spotlight: B & B Country Meats: World-Renowned Products – Small Town Service
- A FrostburgFirst Business Spotlight: Curtis & Grammy Kind Kids – Inspiring Kids with Kindness
- A FrostburgFirst Business Spotlight: Carter & Roque Real Estate-Making Mountain Maryland Feel Like Home
- A FrostburgFirst Business Spotlight: Princess Restaurant – 80 Years of Sweets & Service
- Spring Cheer: Springtime Fun in Downtown Frostburg