FrostburgFirst in partnership with the City of Frostburg and the Small Business Development Center is pleased to announce a pop-up shop and small business incubator program that will bring together entrepreneurs, artists, makers, and small businesses with local property owners to fill vacant spaces and activate downtown Frostburg. Frostburg is home to unique small businesses, a thriving arts community, and creative entrepreneurs and FrostburgFirst believes that expanding active retail spaces will benefit residents, existing businesses, and visitors alike.
Vision: Cultivate an encouraging environment for entrepreneurs in downtown Frostburg.
Mission: To develop and implement a pop-up shop/business incubator program to increase storefront occupancy and create sustainable businesses that enhance downtown Frostburg revitalization.
January 23 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Public Information Session held at City Place.
- January 27 – Applications open
- February 25, 2020 @ 5:00 pm: Deadline for pop-up program application
- Week of March 1 – 6: Applicants chosen to proceed to pitch round.
- March 1 – 27: Applicants meet with Small Business Development Center, Develop Final Pitches/Business Plan
- April 3 @ 5:00 pm: Deadline for final pitch/business plan
- Week of April 6 – 10: Interviews/pitches conducted with top applicants in a pitch session open to the public, Pop-up tenant(s) selected.
- April 10, 2019: Notify winner(s) and start organizing available spaces.
- Preview of shop(s) during Spring Arts Walk, Saturday, April 25, 2020.
- Shop(s) open May 1, 2020.
- Pop-Up Program ends July 31, 2020. Evaluations and next steps will be reviewed at this time.
Applicants will fall into the following 3 categories:
a. Space-sharing in existing business (for applicants who need limited space/have limited inventory)
b. Market/Cooperative Space (for multiple applicants with complementary concepts and limited inventory)
c. Storefront (for applicants who have the inventory/resources to maintain own shop; and/or wish to open a pop-up suggested by SBDC